Tuesday 4 March 2014

OUGD503: Studio brief 1 - Rebrand Kendal Locksmiths

So I took it upon myself to rebrand a local locksmith company back home. A reliable, fast, 24 hour locksmith service. The design, including the logo, and the website are very outdated, and thought it was a good opportunity for me to look at branding and identity.

Here is the original logo and website:





I started by looking at locksmith identity which is already in business:























When designing for a locksmith company, I have to bare in mind that this line of work needs to portray trust, people want to know that they're in safe hands. With good design I will hopefully be able to get that across. Some of the logos above incorporate good design, which makes them more trustworthy, others are a little bit more tacky, which I most probably wouldn't use. I think keeping the identity modern, clean, and bold will show a manner of trust.


Websites:



















The website are very clean and easy to navigate round. They all seem to use a colour scheme of about three colours which I think works well, obviously this is representative of the brand/ sites identity. They are all very structured which makes them a lot more professional. The design for most just reflect quality, even the composition of photographs adds to the aesthetic of some of the sites.














2 comments:

  1. Your site furnished us with significant data to work with. Each and every tips of your post are magnificent. You're the best to share. Continue blogging, Brisbane Locksmiths

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see locks essentially function on the notion that small pins or plugs hold a locking mechanism in place. locksmith key

    ReplyDelete