Thursday 20 February 2014

OUGD503: Studio brief 1 - Reggae Poster

I've taken on a brief to design a reggae poster for the international reggae poster contest, the brief is below. I want to challenge my illustration skills because something which I enjoy, and something which I'd like to incorporate more in my design work. I believe the brief is a challenge, and it definitely leaves me with a lot of options, and a lot to work with.



Reggae music

'Reggae is a music genre first developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s. While sometimes used in a broad sense to refer to most types of popular Jamaican dance music, the term reggae more properly denotes a particular music style that evolved out of the earlier genres ska and rocksteady.'

Artwork which may influence my idea:












Old submissions:



















No comments:

Post a Comment